Summer is the ultimate wedding season – so it makes all the sense in the world why your loved one might have felt inspired by all the love floating in the air and proposed to you.
What are some of the very first things you should do after the engagement, though?
We have some tips for you – keep reading and find out more.
- Celebrate with your loved one. You have all the time in the world to call everyone and celebrate with them. But for now, take the day off and celebrate with your loved one. Be happy and joyful with them. Do something you both enjoy. Eat something nice. Pop a bottle of champagne. Enjoy yourselves!
- Call your closest relatives and friends. Do this before you post anything on Facebook or Instagram – your own mom and your best friend deserve to find out about the big news before all the people on your friends list who may or may not be that close to you.
- Get your manicure done. It might sound like a trifle, but given that everyone will want to see that ring, you surely want to make it pop – and treating yourself to a nice manicure is just the way to do it.
- Insure the ring. Unless it’s already insured, do make sure you buy an insurance policy for your ring. It doesn’t cost much, but it can save you from a lot of unfortunate situations. After all, this is more than just a piece of jewelry – it has such an emotional significance attached to it that you will want to do everything in your power to make sure you enjoy it for the many decades to come.
- Throw a party. Your engagement party can be as small or as large as you want it. It can happen at home, at a restaurant, or any other chosen location. If there is one rule you absolutely have to follow, though, it’s that you should make sure that everyone invited to the engagement party gets invited to the actual wedding too!
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Macomb, Michigan? Contact Tina’s Country House and Weddings and come check us out. We guarantee you will love every inch of our elegant wedding venue – and more than that, we guarantee both you and your guests will have the time of your lives here!