It doesn’t matter how large or small a wedding you are trying to plan – truth be told, wedding planning will never be actually easy. It can be much smoother if you keep in mind the basics, and hiring a wedding planner can absolutely help, yes. But there will always be a certain amount of stress there, and that’s perfectly normal.
Of course, since it’s 2019, you are quite free to plan whatever type of wedding you like – but there still are some mistakes you might want to avoid making.
What are they? Keep reading and find out more.
- Trying to do everything “as it should be”. Yes, there are many etiquette rules you should follow. But when it comes to things like your look, for example, nobody can tell you what to wear. So if you don’t want the classic updo, go ahead and wear your hair down. If you don’t want a traditional dress, go ahead and choose a non-traditional one (or a pantsuit, if it suits you better). You make your own rules here.
- Not giving your guests the time of the day. Yes, it’s quite hard to talk to each of your 200 guests. But it really wouldn’t hurt if you stopped by their table and exchanged a few words. The receiving line is very much passé at this point, but that doesn’t mean you should forget the basic rules of civility and not greet your guests.
- You DIY everything. Don’t. Your time is prec
- ious and DIY projects can go really wrong if you don’t have lots of experience with them. It’s more than fine to include one or two DIY elements since it will add personality to your wedding, but don’t go all the way with it. It can be far more expensive, it can turn into a disaster, and it can eat most of your pre-wedding time.
- Not coordinating your bouquet and your dress. Same as the veil and the jewelry, the bouquet is part of your look – so yes, it should be fully coordinated with the wedding gown!
Searching for a stunning wedding venue in Macomb, Michigan? Contact Tina’s Country House & Gardens and come check us out – we guarantee you will instantly fall in love with what we have to offer here! It is, without doubt, the dream venue you have been searching for!